Expedient helps companies to transform their IT operations through award-winning cloud solutions and managed services. Named VMware’s Americas Cloud Partner of the Year and acknowledged in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Disaster Recovery as a Service, Expedient’s solutions help to ease clients’ transition to the cloud, enabling them to focus on strategic business innovation, while the Expedient team handles operation of the IT needed to support it.
We are hiring an overnight IT Support Specialist in our Baltimore Operations Support Center. This full-time position will be responsible for monitoring the systems, networks and services as well as taking requests, fielding job tickets and responding to questions from Expedient clients. This is a great tier 1 job opportunity for someone looking to get hands-on experience in a data center/networking/virtualization environment and start a career in IT with growth potential and professional development opportunities. This position has a shift of Thursday through Saturday alternating Wednesdays from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Flexibility to help provide backup coverage as needed is appreciated.
Sponsorship is NOT provided. Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Process and prioritize incoming client phone calls, emails and job ticket questions and/or requests for service-related assistance
- Utilize the trouble ticket system to log all requests and problems/resolutions including documentation of special requests and customizations considered important for future support
- Monitor the operational support systems to proactively identify service impacting events relating to IT, network and facility conditions
- Check in clients to provide them with physical access to their servers and equipment using a strict level of security protocol
- Communicate with clients and internal staff at regular intervals to ensure expectations are set and that appropriate attention is being paid to client requests
- Escalate problems to the appropriate engineering disciplines within the organization or external vendors as required to achieve resolution
- Associate's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience and industry technical certifications (for example: CCNA, CCENT, MCSE, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA A+, etc.)
- Demonstrated level of competency with internet technologies including: principles of networking, Cisco, Juniper
- Windows operating systemFamiliarity with basic UNIX commandsDNS and WEB services
- Experience in a technical support or helpdesk role requiring client support
- Strong analytical and independent problem-solving skillsProfessional and strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to cover weekends or call-offs as needed
- Ability to pass pre-employment screens
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts
- Sitting - stationary/seated position during the work day in order to check in visitors
- Walking - must be able escort visitors to their equipment; must be able to walk the entire perimeter of the physical plant/data center several times during the shift in order to conduct hands-on assessments and to ensure building safety compliance by checking doors, checking temperature in various areas of the server room/data center
- Lifting - frequently lifts lightweight items and occasionally lifts heavyweight materials such as equipment, parts, computer and server hardware
- Dexterity - must be able to lock/unlock security cages, operate security kiosk and print out visitor badges, operate loading dock equipment; must be able to climb and balance oneself on a ladder, must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl into tight places to access computer hardware, to conduct safety checks, to move equipment, install equipment, etc. as required
BENEFITS TO WORKING FOR EXPEDIENT Expedient was awarded a Top Workplace for a fifth year in 2019. We make education and training available to our employees through a robust, employee-driven training and tuition reimbursement program. Additional benefits include generous paid time off, top-tier, affordable medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k) retirement savings plan with a generous match and a paid day off to celebrate your birthday each year. Expedient is committed to providing its employees with an environment that promotes collaboration with both team and individual success.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest. If this isn’t the job for you, perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit. Please share the following link so they can view/apply for this or any of our other current job opportunities: expedient.com/careers
Expedient is an equal opportunity employer, providing a safe, drug-free work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.