- 4-year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems or relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience.
- Deep knowledge of building consumer-facing (web/mobile) applications.
- 8+ years practical programming (hands-on) experience (OOAD, Java EE, Web Services Technologies, SOAP and/or REST, Spring boot and Spring platform, Junit, Mocking Libraries).
- Preferred experience with implementing applications on the cloud infrastructure such as Microsoft Azure, AWS.
- Preferred experience with NoSQL databases like Casandra or MongoDB.
- Preferred experience with ignite.
- Preferred experience with Reactive/non-blocking frameworks like Play/Reactor is a plus.
- Preferred experience with Apache Kafka and/or Azure Service Bus is a plus.
- Preferred experience with Apache Spark is a plus.
- Preferred experience with Apache Hadoop is a plus.
- Familiarity with iOS and Android native and hybrid applications.
- Strong understanding of best practices around website security.
- An innovative, out-of-the-box thinker, and willing to push the envelope with creative solutions.
- Ability to handle multiple initiatives.
- Strong experience with Agile.
- Significant experience in capacity planning, systems performance analysis, and optimization in a distributed environment.
- Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of programming documentation processes/procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate across various groups, build relationships and manage effectively in a matrix organization
- Experience providing guidance, training, and mentoring to developers and designers on solutions and design experience influencing team members, other architects, and management.
- Self-starter, with a demonstrated ability to learn beyond formal training with a strong aptitude for delivering quality solutions and platforms.
- Working ability to identify architecturally significant requirements and their ramifications.
- In-depth knowledge and experience integrating applications across diverse technical platforms.