Role: Big Data Engineer
Location: Dallas, TX (Initially Remote)
Duration: Fulltime with the client
Visa: Any Visa is fine (including H1 transfer)
Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Information Systems, or related field. Masters in Computing related to scalable and distributed computing is a major plus
- Develop Big Data applications using PySpark or Scala-Spark on Hadoop, Hive and/or Kafka, HBase, MongoDB.
- Build Feature Engineering, Scoring / Machine Learning models.
- Deployment on Cloud platforms.
Experience & Skillset (MUST HAVE):
- Total IT / development experience of 8+ years.
- Experience in PySpark or Spark-Scala developing Big Data applications on Hadoop, Hive and/or Kafka, HBase, MongoDB.
- Technical leadership and Onsite-Offshore coordination.
- Deep knowledge of Spark libraries on Python or Scala to develop and debug complex data engineering challenges.
- Experience in developing sustainable data driven solutions with current new generation data technologies to drive our business and technology strategies.
- Exposure in deploying on Cloud platforms.
- At least 4 years of development experience on designing and developing Data Pipelines for Data Ingestion or Transformation using PySpark or Spark-Scala.
- At least 5 years of development experience in the following Big Data frameworks: File Format (Parquet, AVRO, ORC), Resource Management, Distributed Processing and RDBMS.
- At least 4 years of developing applications in Agile with Monitoring, Build Tools, Version Control, Shell Scripting, Unit Test, TDD, CI/CD, Change Management to support DevOps.
- Prior experience on ETL or SQL or other Data technologies.
- Banking domain knowledge.
- Hands-on experience in SAS toolset / statistical modelling migrating to Machine Learning models.
- Digital Marketing Machine Learning models and use cases.
- ETL / Data Warehousing and Data Modelling experience prior to Big Data experience.
- Deep knowledge on AWS stack for big data and machine learning.
If you’re interested then please apply for this role or share your updated resume on lokesh(at)nexgeniots(dot)com