- When it comes to tablets, iPads accounted for 97.3 percent of activations, while Android tablets accounted for just 2.7 percent.
- The financial services industry is the biggest enterprise user of tablets, accounting for 40.8 percent of all activations , followed by business and professional services and life sciences.
- The iPhone 4S was the most popular enterprise device, accounting for 37 percent of all mobile activations.
- The Motorola Droid, the Samsung Galaxy S II, the Google Nexus and the Sprint Evo 4G were the only Android devices to make the top 10 list of most-activated enterprise devices. But each accounted for less than 2 percent of all activations.
- Apple is continuing to devour Blackberry's enterprise share. A report released late last year by iPass found that iPhones accounted for 45 percent of all mobile devices in the enterprise while BlackBerry devices accounted for 32.2 percent.
Apple's Now the Preferred Enterprise Technology
Apple products have become the technology of choice in the enterprise. Are you having to deal with more iOS devices? Tell us in the comments below. Mobile enterprise firm Good Technology says iOS-based devices accounted for around 80 percent of new activations on corporate networks in the first quarter. Android-based devices accounted for just 20 percent. Windows Mobile, meanwhile, had a very small presence. The study, as reported in Network World, also found: