SpeedAlmost 47 percent of American consumers say they don't need 4G Networks, while 26 percent believe all networks are the same. Of the rest, 12 percent preferred 4G networks and 15 percent preferred 4G LTE. The survey was done by investment firm Piper Jaffray. One reason this makes sense is because 4G technology drains batteries way faster than 3G technology. And when you have a smart device that lasts one or two days at most, you won't want to have 4G draining the battery even more, faster Internet speeds or not. ANd if you think that's a power drain, wait until quad-core gadgets with 4G arrive. On the other hand, progress towards 4G networks is imminent, though right now users aren't ready to adopt it. And to be honest, 3G technology isn't as old and slow as some might say. Piper Jaffray also asked consumers which U.S. carrier has the best 4G LTE network. Although 51 percent said they didn't know, the remaining 49 percent were divided between Verizon, AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile.

Related Links