ActioNet has an immediate opportunity for a Tier II Desktop Support position requiring a Public Trust Clearance located in Silver Spring, MD. Are you ready to join our great team? You would be responsible for providing in-person support for NOAA staff including direct interaction with the Executive staff (CIO, ACIO, etc.) and management. You will be the SME for your site performing Tier II functions in coordination with the ITSS Project Manager and the Infrastructure team.
The Tier II Desktop Support will be part of a larger team of IT Customer Service professionals, engineers and managers who follow the ITIL framework. This role is responsible for providing support for approximately 900 end users on a variety of issues. You are responsible for identifying, researching, and resolving technical problems. You are expected to respond to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support in a timely manner, document, track, and monitor the problem to ensure a timely resolution. Be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the IT Customer Support field. This position includes working with service delivery metrics, Service Level Agreements (SLAs), and Service Level Objectives ensuring customer satisfaction while providing service and support for all customer service incidents and requests. Must be available for 7am – 4pm. Core hours are 7am – 6pm Monday – Friday.
What is in it for you?
- You will be stepping into an established IT support environment where you can leverage your expertise in Tier II – raising the bar in IT Service Delivery excellence.
- You will take on a high-level support role, enhancing your toolbox of skills in areas such as Email Management and AD Account Management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be responsive and decisive when responding to customer requests, incidents, and requirements
- Create Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and update existing SOPs for non-standard technology support at the Germantown location
- Ability to multi-task projects and daily operations while providing regular status updates to management
- Be involved in implementation of managed SCCM pushes, updates, and patches on NOAA systems
- Provide technical guidance and input to other teams as needed
- Image, test, and deploy computers for new requests and break/fixes
- Troubleshoot IT hardware and software issues to include laptops, desktops, tablets, mobile devices, printers, VPN issues
- Perform Installs, Moves, Additions, and Changes (IMAC) for Tier II
- Provide IT support for remote customers using government-approved remote support tools
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Service Now or equivalent ticketing systems
- Perform account management in Active Directory and Mail Administration
- Be knowledgeable with Microsoft Windows 7 and 10 Operating Systems, MS Office Applications, Google Mail, and Google Applications
- Document detailed notes in the ticketing system daily and provide customers with accurate and timely updates
- Knowledge of McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, SCCM, and computer imaging
- Remediate systems with identified vulnerabilities in coordination with the ISSO
- Prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure and fast-paced environment
- Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
- At least 5 years of Tier II onsite and remote support experience in a medium to large networked environment
- Familiarity with Windows OS imaging using Ghost/SCCM and other tools
- Works independently and within the framework of a team with minimum assistance
- Must have prior experience working as a contractor for a government agency
- Some project management experience is a plus
- ITILv3 Foundations
- MCSE, MCP or A+ certifications preferred