- 62 percent of businesses surveyed have no controls in place to manage these devices.
- 45 percent of IT managers are unaware of all the devices being used.
- 53 percent of businesses cite productivity improvements of more than 10 percent attributed to the use of personal devices at work; 16 percent report increases of more than 30 percent.
- 32 percent of respondents were most concerned about the security of applications and documents downloaded onto personal devices.
- 23 percent were concerned about remote access to the corporate network through personal devices.
IT Urged to Figure Out Mobile Work Policies
Though young workers are putting greater pressure than ever on IT staffers to allow them to use their own mobile devices on the job, a new survey from Citrix provides some startling insight into just how clueless those departments can be. While some 25 percent of companies already support the use of such devices in the workplace and many benefit from increased productivity as employees can work anywhere, anytime from any device, the new technologies pose an overwhelming challenge for some firms. Among the findings from the U.S. :