Bob Brown Any Town, Ill. 555-555-1122 firstname.lastname@example.org
Feb. 28, 2013 Mr. Tom Jones Project Manager MAJOR COMPANY Any Town, Ill. 00000 Re: Android Developer Dear Mr. Jones: After reading about your company’s bold expansion plans in the Illinois Business Journal, I’m certain that my experience as a security-minded Android Developer can help you attract new customers. I recently developed two mobile applications for ABC Bancorp, and needless to say, security is imperative in the banking industry. Due to my detail orientation and sound knowledge of Android SDK and Java, along with my passion for testing and debugging, my team was able to implement two apps without a single security breech. As you’ll see in my resume, I managed to delight customers and regulators by accomplishing the following:
- Worked with marketing and key executives to determine customers’ needs and refine the application’s critical components.
- Then, I worked with product management to define the road map before outlining the priorities, timeline and budget for my team.
- Architected, designed and developed two Android applications that allow customers to view their account balances and deposit checks from their mobile or tablet devices across a spectrum of OS versions and resolutions.
- Mitigated risk by debugging the app, developing update patches, modules and components.
- Delivered both applications on time and on budget, resulting in the addition of 2,500 new customers who have generated more than $1 million in fees since launch.
After researching Major Company, I understand that your immediate goal is to penetrate new markets without compromising security, and that’s why I’m very interested in your Android Developer position. I’m a mobile pioneer with great technical skills, an eye for detail and the ability to shepherd a team. Not only do I meet your top requirements, I have an SCJD certification and extensive knowledge of Perl and Ruby. I’d like to meet with you to discuss adding value to your firm. I’ll contact you Wednesday to arrange a meeting. Should you wish to reach me before then, please call 000-555-1212 or e-mail me at email@example.com. I appreciate your time and consideration. Sincerely, Bob Brown P.S. Please check out my presentation on Security and Creativity: mypresentation.slideshare.com Attachments: BobBrownResume.doc Applications: http://play.google.com/store/apps/collection/<collection_name>