Seth Kaminski 123 Dunwoody Rd. Atlanta, GA 00000 ♦ email@example.com ♦ 000.555.1212 ♦ LinkedIn ♦ Instagram ♦ Facebook
Data Visualization Master
“Turning dull, unsystematic data into meaningful works of art”A data interpreter, analyst and information manager with a proven history of turning large data sets into progressive ideas through the creation of clear, compelling infographics, maps, data visualizations, interactive media and product designs.
- Generated $8 million in ad revenue by harvesting nuggets of competitive information from data sets and creating dashboards and pictograms to spur and target sales efforts.
- Cultivated subscribers by using data manipulation and analysis to discern customer habits and needs, then turned the intel into robust, user-friendly reports for the editorial team.
- Supported the editorial and layout staff by creating award-winning pictograms, maps, pie charts and more to illustrate key facts and trends in news stories.
- Earned kudos for supporting successful flagship business initiatives in media relations, HR and legal through data analysis and the creation of presentations and dashboards.
- Experience working with structured, semi-structured and unstructured data sets, determining the key takeaways or action items and communicating them pictorially.
- Created numerous white papers, blog posts and articles on data visualization best practices including one of the most downloaded papers of 2013.
- Owned the design, development and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc., to drive key business decisions and communicate key concepts to readers.
- Led the complete lifecycle of visual analytical applications, from development of mock ups and storyboards to the complete production-ready application.
- Interfaced with data miners and analysts to extract, transform and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Ruby.
- Fine-tuned and improved query performance using profiling tools and SQL.
- Built database cubes and design star schemas using ER/Studio and Visio.
- Created visualization dashboards for more than a dozen online reports helping clients identify opportunities to sell more advertising.
- Worked closely with the UX group to upgrade and enhance our platform and the user experience by creating new interfaces and infographics depicting complex data sets.
- Led the development of visual analytical applications from wireframe and storyboards to complete production-ready applications.
- Developed rich interactive graphics and data visualizations of large structured data in browser-friendly formats.
- Led project-based cross-functional teams comprised of engineers, graphic designers and user experience experts in the development of three new analytical tools and a host of new capabilities catapulting PubMagic past several competitors.
- Worked with customers to design and implement business intelligence tools.
- Analyzed data requirements, application and processing architectures, data dictionaries and database schemas while designing, developing, amending, optimizing and certifying database designs to satisfy client needs.
- Gathered functional and non-functional client requirements in order to optimize the design of BI deliverables (reports, dashboards, alerts, visualizations).
- Worked closely with visual design team to select the appropriate visualizations for BI deliverables.
- Developed strategy and road maps including tactics, project plans, milestones and KPIs.