- Most use Stack Overflow daily, or multiple times per day.
- A majority have been using Stack Overflow for several years.
- Almost all users go to find answers to their questions.
- Comparing frequency of use and how often they find answers to their questions, most are successful.
- Many think Stack Overflow saves them time compared to other resources
The annual Stack Overflow developer survey has a lot of good fodder and insight. This year, it also has one of the best self-owns we’ve seen in quite a while. Stack Overflow admits it’s a toxic hell-stew. Deep down in Stack Overflow’s 2019 Developer Survey is the ‘community’ section, which is a look at who uses Stack Overflow. It also gauges how often they use the platform, why they visit, and whether it’s useful to them. From the study, we have the following takeaways: