- Yes! I wish my employer offered it!
- Maybe. I’d feel guilty taking time off. I may get burnt out.
- No. Who wants to be the one on vacation more than their coworkers?
- I’m unsure. I don’t know if I can trust my coworkers to be responsible about time off.
- I’m happy with my standard two weeks off per year.
Last week, we asked you if an unlimited time-off policy was a good thing for tech pros. Now we have the results: You definitely want more vacation time. When Dice asked if you wanted more time away from your desk, 42 percent answered ‘Yes!’ A full 12 percent said it may be a good option, and five percent responded they were more than happy with the standard two-week vacation policy. But while many prefer more time off, just as many have no desire for more vacations. Some 25 percent responded that more time off is bad, and 16 percent are unsure it would be a good thing for them or their company. That’s 41 percent who just don’t see unlimited vacation time as a policy that has a clear benefit. To be clear, here are the full answers from our survey (the question was “is unlimited time off a good perk for tech pros?’):