Cynthia Ford Functional ERP Consultant/Project Manager Expert in Implementation, Upgrades and Support of ERP Systems Including MM, PM, FI and HR Modules Six Sigma Black Belt ▪ U.S. Citizen ▪ Secret Clearance ▪ Oracle and SAP Certified 123 Any St. Arlington, VA ■ Insert email ■ Insert mobile ■ Insert link to online portfolio
Areas of Expertise
- Requirements Gathering
- Consensus Building
- Gap Identification and Resolution
- Scope of Work Creation
- Business Process Flow Analysis
- Staff Management and Mentoring
- Customized Reports, Forms and Apps
- Test Cycle Creation and Management
- Conversion Planning and Oversight
- Documentation, Schedules and Status Reports
- Development of Training Materials
- Data Migration
Project Scope: Upgrade Client: Federal Agency with Global Operations Environment: Oracle Financials R12.1.3, GL, AP, AR Description: The agency has a complex reporting structure, approval processes and more than 25 general ledgers that must be consolidated. The objective was to streamline its reports by retrofitting current customizations and extensions, developing new RICE components and eliminating outdated components while upgrading from Oracle 11i to R12. Key Action Steps and Results:
- Presented the upgrade features, mapped the reporting requirements and built consensus with a diverse base of users and managers while meeting complex federal guidelines.
- Recommended functional changes in sub ledger accounting, setup of fixed assets and report manager modules that reduced processing time for reports by 15%.
- Customized and converted existing RDF reports as per the new structure and user requirements in R12 reducing reporting time by 33%.
- Configured key areas and suggested flow setups to integrate Oracle Projects with AP, AR, FA and GL. Information is now captured in near-real time.
- Created custom PL/SQL packages for project costing and bill backs to other agencies and developed new reports for invoicing and billing reducing invoicing cycle time by one full day.
- Customized and streamlined the workflow process for PO approval.
- Integrated and mapped existing data into AP, AR, GL, OTL and PO modules by setting up auto accounting, drill down functionality and incorporating chart of accounts.
- Facilitated user acceptance testing and coordinated system testing.
- Provided workshops to train end users on the new functionality of R12 using ITIL change control procedures and AIM methodology.
Project Scope: Implementation Client: Overseas Airlines Environment: SAP SD Master Data, Sales and Billing, SAP MM Description: Hired to design, configure and implement the SAP sales module with the goal of expanding inflight products and services, enhancing customer satisfaction, tracking revenue and increasing employee productivity by streamlining the integration of inflight sales data into SAP financials and the MM procurement, planning and inventory management modules. Key Action Steps and Results:
- Gathered the initial requirements and translated them into functional specifications.
- Configured master data submodule to match the requirements and goals including the customer master, material master and sales areas.
- Customized the new sales order types, item categories and schedule lines for inflight products.
- Configured the pricing procedure and pricing procedure determination and used variant condition to influence the price and margins of products.
- Created the condition records for pricing conditions, taxes condition records and output condition records and grouped several conditions in condition supplement procedure.
- Planned and executed the automatic integration of inflight sales data into G/L accounts, reconciliation accounts, account keys and revenue account determination.
- Performed unit testing, debugging and trained end-users.
- Inflight sales increased 20% in the months following the implementation due to enhanced revenue capture and the sales of new products and services.
Project Scope: Process Improvement and Change Management Client: U.S. Navy Environment: SAP SCM Description: Hired to work directly with developers and users in multiple locations to understand process gaps, data quality and integration issues between SAP and NALCOMIS putting an end to supply chain shortfalls and reporting inconsistencies. Key Action Steps and Results:
- Created 15 SAP to NALCOMIS (supply/maintenance) interface system business process maps which displayed complex SAP transaction codes, roles, data movement and integration touch points between SAP, middleware and NALCOMIS interfaces.
- Worked with development team to enact and test over 300 corrections and code revisions in the interfaces involving purchase orders, materials and inventory management.
- Revised more than 50 business processes to eliminate gaps and ensure cohesion with SAP and NALCOMIS applications and technologies.
- Performed unit and end-to- end integration testing and validation of corrective actions. Developed curriculums and delivered training.
- Coordinated the development of revised reporting.
- Closed supply chain gaps virtually eliminating delays in the delivery of products to warehouses around the globe.
Project Scope: Project Management Client: Major Energy Supplier Environment: Oracle 12.1.3. Description: Hired to lead and manage onshore and offshore teams throughout all phase of software development/implementation life cycle including functional analysis, development of technical requirements, prototyping, coding, unit testing, deployment and support.
- Established budgets and project timelines through collaboration with stake holders and executive management team.
- Conducted project reviews, daily Scrums, assigned tasks and managed risks ensuring that all milestones were achieved within the agreed timeframes.
- Oversaw code deployment/approval process.
- Helped with set-up and configuration of CRP, UAT, conversion and customization functional specification definition and documentation.
- Prepared test plans, cutover activities and test summary report.
- Developed conversion scripts and oversaw the successful conversion of legacy data.
- Completed the $35 million project on time and on budget.
Complete Project List: (insert link to online portfolio here)
Independent Functional ERP Consultant/ Project Manager (2013 to present) ERP Consultant and Specialist, Accent Consulting (2010 to 2013) ERP Developer/Analyst, Technology Solutions of Greater D.C. (2007 to 2010)
Education, Certifications and Clearance
EMBA (in progress) Kogod School of Business, American University Bachelor’s Degree, Computer Science and Business (concentration finance), George Washington University OPN Certified Specialist, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) with SAP Six Sigma Black Belt U.S. Secret Clearance (insert dates and info) Clearance Active-Period: Level: Access: Investigation: Polygraph: