Thomas Song email@example.com 000.555.1212 123 Any St. Omaha, Neb. 00000 Willing to Relocate
Offering a proven track record of supporting and influencing positive outcomes in business units and companies throughout the financial services industry through the application of cutting-edge tools and creation of detailed, production-level technical specifications, as well as intuitive conceptual, logical, relational and physical data models. Enthusiastic learner and excellent problem-solver. Willing to relocate and start work within two weeks anywhere in the U.S. without financial assistance.
- Lowered processing costs and time by 10% for accident claims through the review and reverse engineering of existing database structures, which reduced redundancies and consolidated databases.
- Enabled the development of two new insurance products that produced $25 million in first-year sales through the development of a cutting-edge logical data model and module enhancements that facilitated the creation of test cases and precise actuarial forecasting and analysis.
- Empowered productivity improvements and data sharing throughout a major banking enterprise by using ERwin r7.3 for effective model management.
- Spearheaded the design and creation of data models that boosted deposits 8% by identifying active, inactive and new investors and private banking clients, tracking their deposits and withdrawals, and providing marketing with fact and dimension tables on a daily basis. View Samples and More Accomplishments: [Insert link to online portfolio]
Data Modeler’s Tool BoxData Modeling Tools: ERwin r7.1/7.2/7.3/8.0, Oracle Designer 12.0 and ER Studio 8.5.3. OLTP Tools: Microsoft Analysis Services, Business Objects, and Crystal Reports 9. Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, MS Access, DB2. Business Applications: Microsoft Office Suite, Visio. Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7 and UNIX. Data Warehouse: Informatica, SSIS. Modeling: Star-Schema Modeling, Snowflake Schema Modeling, Fact and Dimension tables.
Modeling ExperienceMutual of Nebraska, Data Modeler Jan. 2012 to present A roving modeler, responsible for gathering and translating business requirements into detailed, production-level technical specifications, creating robust data models, data analysis features and enhancements for this major provider of life and accident insurance. Successfully completed more than 22 projects that produced 10% gains in productivity, $25 million in revenues and 2% in profits. Related Tasks, Responsibilities and Actions:
- Collaborate with data architects for data model management and version control.
- Conduct data model reviews with project team members.
- Capture technical metadata through data modeling tools.
- Create data objects (DDL).
- Enforce standards and best practices around data modeling efforts.
- Ensure data warehouse and data mart designs efficiently support BI and end user
- Collaborate with BI teams to create reporting data structures.
- Extracted data from Oracle and SQL Server and DB2 using Informatica to load it into a single data warehouse repository.
- Created entity relationship diagrams and multidimensional data models, reports and diagrams for marketing.
- Used Model Mart of ERwin for effective model management of sharing, dividing and reusing model information and design for productivity improvement.
- Developed and implemented measurements for various marketing campaigns.
- Created a net loss model which analyzes the impact of loan defaults and recoveries.
- Created a relational model and dimensional model for online services such as online banking and automated bill pay.
- Applied data cleansing/data scrubbing techniques to ensure consistency amongst data sets.
- Developed logical data models and physical data models using ER-Studio.
- Created and implemented ER models and dimensional models (star schemas).
- Generated SQL scripts.
- Assisted DBA's in the development of physical database.
Education and Training
- Master's Degree in Information Systems, University of Phoenix
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, University of Nebraska College of Information Science and Technology
- Data Modeling Concepts
- Data Modeling with CA ERwin® Data Modeler
- Process Modeling with CA ERwin® Process Modeler
- Model Management with CA ERwin® Data Modeler, Process Modeler and Model Manager
- Steve Hoberman, Donna Burbank, & Chris Bradley. Data Modeling for the Business.
Thomas Song ♦ LinkedIn ♦ Portfolio ♦ Facebook ♦ 000.555.1212 ♦ firstname.lastname@example.org