Bank of America Global Technology & Operations
With nearly 100,000 employees and contractors in 35 countries, Global Technology & Operations (GT&O) delivers technology and operating services that form the backbone of Bank of America.
As with other Bank of America groups, the GT&O culture expects excellence, rewards high performance, develops its leaders, encourages innovation, demands integrity, cultivates trust and teamwork, and promotes diversity and inclusion. That culture, combined with existing talent, expertise, market leadership and a wide array of professional opportunities, enables GT&O to attract and retain the brightest minds in the business.
Key organizations within GT&O are:
A leader in technology
- Consumer Banking Technology & Operations
- Global Markets Risk Technology & Operations
- Global Wealth & Investment Management Technology & Operations
- Global Wholesale Banking Technology & Operations
- Technology Infrastructure
- Enterprise Chief Information Officer
- Global Information Security
- Chief Operating Officer
GT&O invests billions of dollars each year to develop and deploy leading-edge technology in the following areas:
A leader in operations
- New capabilities for 30 million U.S. online retail banking customers and 13 million mobile banking customers
- Platforms for handling the trillions of dollars in client assets under management and the billions of dollars that move each day through the company s wealth management, commercial banking and global markets businesses
- Platforms for global risk and capital management to enable real-time monitoring for management and regulatory reporting
- Expertise in everything from desktop support to data center management for the company s extensive technology infrastructure
- Protection of customer and client information, which includes defending the company against cyber-security threats
- Management of enterprise data, including business intelligence analytics
- Technology expertise in disciplines ranging from coding to systems architecture to project management
GT&O operations professionals provide fulfillment and customer support for Bank of America s businesses. Every year, operations professionals in GT&O handle a mind-boggling flow of transactions with tremendous accuracy and efficiency. These transactions, which are the lifeblood of the global economy, include:
- $225 billion in wire payments
- 3.4 billion separate trades in stocks, bonds and other financial instruments
- 1 billion online banking payments and transfers
- 6 billion checks cleared
- 1.1 billion ledger items posted
Excellence in operating services is core to GT&O s mission. Several client contact centers are perennial winners of J.D. Power & Associates recognition for customer satisfaction excellence. In 2013, the Merrill Lynch Retirement Services contact center was recognized by J.D. Power & Associates, as was the Corporate and Commercial Banking contact center and the Merrill Edge contact center.
GT&O was granted 119 U.S. patents in 2012, and has been credited with 1,500 U.S. patents overall. GT&O stays abreast of the latest innovations in technology and operations so it can support business colleagues around the world, and provide customers and clients with tools that allow them to do business with Bank of America whenever and wherever they want.