- Apparel Software
AS400 RPGILE EDI Programmer Analyst Hybrid position
Our client is looking for a SR RPG EDI programmer having experience and being highly proficient in RPG-FREE, RPG-ILE, EDI (INOVIS Trusted Link), WMS, CL, SQL, iSeries, Apparel Software, and ERP environments.
Technical experience with COGNOS Business Intelligence is highly desired.
This position is responsible for defining, developing, testing, analyzing and maintaining software applications and reporting as well as maintaining and updating existing applications and reports in support of the achievement of business requirements.
- This includes writing, coding and testing of applications and reports
- Research, design, document and modify moderately complex software specifications.
- Create functional specifications for complex requirements
- Design, develop, modify, debug and implement short- and long-term solutions to IT needs through new and existing applications, systems architecture, network systems and applications infrastructure for use throughout the Company.
- Analyze existing programs or formulate logic for new systems, devise logic procedures, prepare flowcharting, perform coding and test/debug programs.
- Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- Develop system implementation plans.
- Prepare and obtain approval of system and programming documentation.
- Help prepare test plans.
- Maintain Project Life Cycle (PLC) standards.
- Recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards.
General Skills & Competencies
- Experience and highly proficient in RPG-FREE, RPG-ILE, EDI (INOVIS Trusted Link), CL, SQL, Apparel Software, and ERP.
- Technical experience with COGNOS Business Intelligence is highly desired.
- Experience on extracting data from disparate platforms and databases in order to import into iSeries
- Experience in translating Business requirements to understandable IT systems requirements
- Experience integrating application systems with I Series