Embedded Software Engineer (C, C#, Embedded Systems)
New Bremen, OH, US, 45869
Crown is offering a $5,000 sign-on bonus for this technical position! Terms and conditions apply and will be explained at the job offer stage.
Crown Equipment Corporation is a leading innovator in world-class forklift and material handling equipment and technology. Crown brings the benefits of technology to material handling by connecting lift trucks, operators and facilities and collecting accurate, real-time information for better decision-making.
Provide expertise in embedded software systems to influence the design and development of innovative forklifts and material handling equipment. Design, develop, and analyze software application solutions that interface electronic sensors, actuators, and controls of vehicle systems, user interface, or radio controlled devices.
- Product Analysis and Specification - Conceptualize ideas for software control of sensors, actuators and systems. Conduct detail system analysis to define scope, objectives and design solutions.
- Product Design and Development - Develop software solutions that meet operation, safety, modularity and coding/product requirements. Review hardware schematics and establish methods to support the hardware design with low-level software components. Develop detailed design documentation including block, state and signal flow diagrams.
- Product Testing and Support - Conduct bench-level unit testing and on-vehicle verification and validation tests. Participate in code reviews to demonstrate compliance to product requirements.
Visit YouTube to learn more about Crown InfoLink® Operator and Fleet Management System
Remote Work: Crown offers hybrid remote work for this position. A reasonable commute is necessary since some onsite work is required. Relocation assistance may be available.
Related Terms: Embedded Software Development Engineer, Embedded Systems Engineer, Firmware Engineer, Software Developer
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or related; or equivalent experience
- 0-1 year related experience [Salary will be commensurate with experience]
- Proficiency in C/C#
- Good written, verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to occasionally travel with overnight stays (0-5%)
- Reliable transportation to travel locally between company locations during scheduled workday
- Experience designing and developing embedded system software applications on embedded microcontrollers (RISC and ARM)
- Knowledge developing Android applications with Visual Studio and Xamarin
- Experience with task management and version control software, with Atlassian tools set (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence, and Git) desired
- Knowledge of Agile Development practices
Crown will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
No agency calls please.
Compensation and Benefits:
Crown offers an excellent wage and benefits package for full-time employees including Health/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Plan, Flexible Benefits Plan, 401K Retirement Savings Plan, Life and Disability Benefits, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more.
EO/AA Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Segment: Embedded, Informatics, Developer, Engineer, Electrical, Technology, Engineering