**East Coast Location Preferred + 50% Average Travel** Position Summary:
The primary purpose for this position is to provide technical leadership to a Solution Services Program while also serving as a technical resource to Sirius sales personnel and account managers in support of our clients. This position will also handle engagements requiring knowledge of multiple application server environments, to assist in the architectural design of client applications, and to provide technical sales support as needed.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
Builds assigned Program by: Providing technical leadership in the 2-3 core competencies and related offerings of assigned Program Conducting research & development work targeted to create frameworks, utilities, or best practices to enhance the efficiency and quality of the Program s development efforts Cataloguing Program s existing intellectual property (IP), determining strategic areas for IP development (including input into training and education plans for program specialists), and evangelizing the use of Program IP by Program development teams Delivers high quality analytic solutions by: Understanding the business factors and motivators driving technology decisions with clients. Participating in determining business requirements, technical requirements, and solution architecture for clients Serving as technical escalation point for Solution Specialists and Lead Solution Specialists Providing solution architecture, requirements gathering, and application design to our clients via services delivery Assisting clients to develop or express an organizational strategy for accomplishing strategic technology goals Review and comprehension of all assigned Statement of Work (SOW) prior to services delivery Actively manage the client relationship and expectations.
- Build fully satisfied, reference-able client relationships and actively contribute to the positive reputation of Sirius among prospects and within the market.
- Play a key technical leadership role(s) in client solution delivery by leading technical delivery of analytics solutions, responding to technical questions within the analytics domain, and identifying opportunities for improved analytic capability within client ecosystems.
- Understand client technical challenges and have an ability to prescribe relevant, meaningful solutions which drive increased analytic capability and business value.
- Collaborate with end users, development staff, and business analysts to ensure prospective data architecture and analytic solutions maximize the value of client data across their organization.
- Create high quality technical content for presentations, proposals, statements of work, deliverables and other client and market-facing content.
- Demonstrated ability to be multi-threaded with an aptitude and excitement for a fast-paced environment.
- Promotes and sells assigned Analytics Solutions by:
- Conducting customer calls and on-site visits with Sirius sales personnel
- Creating and consulting with Program Manager on SOWs and estimates
- Creating and demonstrating Analytic solution prototypes and POCs which illustrate business value and garner client buy-in
Experience in analytic solution design and data visualization techniques Other Position Requirements:
- Bachelor s degree in Business, Computer Science, or a related field
- At least seven (7) years' software development experience, to include the following (may be concurrent):
- Two (2) years' technical team leadership experience
- At least three (3) years hands-on experience architecting and administering IBM Cognos solutions, such as Cognos Analytics, Cognos 10, Cognos 8, PowerPlay, ReportNet, Planning Analytics and/or TM1
- Development experience in another leading BI tool (PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik, Looker, etc.).
- Familiarity with constructing data models that enable greater analytic and reporting capabilities
- Understanding of ETL techniques and workflows as they impact and relate to analytic solutions.
- Exposure to cloud based analytic solutions and their role relative to traditional on-premise solutions
- Experience in software architecture and solution architecture best practices
- Demonstrated database knowledge in DB2, Netezza, or other enterprise-class RDBMS
- Understanding of MPP database solutions (Snowflake, Redshift) and their role in a modern architecture.
- Demonstrated knowledge of operating systems including Windows, i5/OS, z/OS, AIX, Linux, or others
- Demonstrated ability to understand a client s requirements and present appropriate architectural options
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
- Experience with multiple Business Intelligence (BI) tools
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects and ability to prioritize work with minimal guidance
- Full software lifecycle development experience
- Experience in a consulting environment
Data Privacy and Security :
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.