Job Title: Wireless Test Engineer (301988)
Location: San Jose, CA
Duration: 6+ months contract
Job Description: Samsung SOC R&D Lab in San Diego is looking for Cellular Engineer – 5G/4G Lab/Field test to join the team of passionate engineers with start-up spirit to debug and test Samsung’s world-class cellular modem solution. The candidate is expected to bring innovation and strong execution skills to the cellular group for LTE, LTE-A, 5G FR1/FR2 testing for Lab/Carrier/IOT/Field Certification.
We are looking for candidates who can support below task:
- Candidate need to have a background in Wireless test technologies,3G, LTE,5G.
- Familiarity with both executing Manual & Automated testing.
- Familiarity with operating the wireless test equipment’s CMW500, Keysight & Spirent Wireless test system.
- Good understanding of Cellular technology & Android architecture.
- Good to have if the candidate has knowledge of version control such as Perforce & Git
Job Responsibilities includes:
- Support Verizon/Sprint/ATT/T-Mobile modem test for Lab/Field/IOT certification.
- Participate in new 5G feature validation in the lab environment with equipment such as Network Emulators (KeySight/Anritsu/R&S) and other test equipment.
- Verification/validation of 5G FR1/FR2, 4G tests in close collaboration with test equipment vendors for network operator requirements.
- Apply wireless communication knowledge to debug and test Samsung 5G/4G/3G/2G modem product lines.
- Support lab, field, and certification activities including test execution, error analysis, bug tracking, automation.
- Travel for work to support Lab/Field/IOT test and log analysis.
REQUIRED SKILLS :
- Hands-on experience in mobile device testing with system simulators for at least 5+ years.
- Good understanding of the 3GPP RAN#4/5 test specifications - especially for 5G, LTE, LTE-A as well as network operator test requirements.
- Have excellent knowledge of the challenges associated with the 5G test cases for wireless communications. Preferred Skills
- Ability to work in a team environment with multiple teams and challenging schedules.
- Ability to take ownership and bring innovations in test methodology.
- Understanding of wireless protocol stack, LTE, LTE-Advanced, 5GNR technologies is preferred.
- Strong verbal and writing communication skills to work with test vendors and chipset customers.
Senior IT Recruiter