Looking for a job posting template for Data Scientist jobs that can help you attract top talent? We’ve got you covered. Use this free data scientist job description sample template to assist you in finding the most qualified and experienced Data Scientist to support your company’s needs—and make the hiring process easier on you, too. Just post this template to our site and make necessary edits to highlight your company’s specific requirements and offerings.
Hiring other positions? Check out our job description template library.
Data Scientist Summary
We’re looking for a Data Scientist who lives to find the messages hidden in the madness of data. You’ll be responsible for keeping us on the cutting edge of data interpretation and visualization, and help us peer into the future with predictive models. As a Data Scientist, you will apply the latest data mining techniques, using statistical analysis to integrate prediction systems with our products and present findings to the business.
Data Scientist Roles and Responsibilities
- Building algorithms and designing experiments to merge, manage, analyze, and extract data for tailored reports to colleagues, clients or management.
- Creating, managing, and utilizing high performance relational and NoSQL databases, such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Microsoft Access, OLAP and other software.
- Selecting and implementing data mining methods most relevant to company projects and desired outcomes.
- Enhancing data collection to include information relevant for building analytic systems.
- Gathering, standardizing, and analyzing voluminous electronic data, such as records, general ledgers, sales and inventory data, etc.
- Creating and monitoring anomaly detection systems.
- Building predictive models and presenting information using data visualization tools and techniques.
- Develop proven methods and strategies for the larger Data Scientist team.
- Collaborating with engineering and product development teams.
- Querying and mining large data sets to discover transaction patterns, examining financial data and filtering for targeted information that utilize both traditional and predictive/advanced analytic methodologies.
- Keeping the company current with the latest technology, techniques, and methods.
- Act as a technical thought leader in collaboration with the analytics team, helping to set the strategy and standards for data science and advanced analytics.
Data Scientist Skills/Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in data relevant fields: Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, etc.
- 3+ years working experience in a Data Scientist role (or related field).
- Expansive knowledge of Python, and strong familiarity with R, Java, SQL, Julia, Scala, MATLAB and TensorFlow.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, SVM, Naïve Bayes and Decision Forests.
- Highly experienced with NoSQL databases like MongoDB and Cassandra, as well as big data platforms like Aster and Hadoop.
- Experience with BI Viz tools (such as Tableau), Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics.
- Ability to perform in a multidisciplinary and highly collaborative environment where knowledge and sharing insights and information is critical.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools including ggplot2 and D3.js.
- Experience working in statistics, probability and analytics, as well as ability to present findings and trends in clear and efficient ways.
Related Data Scientist Hiring Resources
Start Hiring Today
Need tech talent for your team? Cut your time-to-hire with easy access to millions of tech candidates. Contact sales now