Looking for a job posting template for Big Data Engineer jobs that can help you attract top talent? We’ve got you covered. Use this free big data engineer job description sample template to assist you in finding the most qualified and experienced Big Data Engineer to support your company’s needs—and make the hiring process easier on you, too. Just post this template to our site and make necessary edits to highlight your company’s specific requirements and offerings.
Hiring other positions? Check out our job description template library.
Big Data Engineer Job Summary:
We’re looking for a Big Data Engineer who can find strategic solutions to tough problems. As a Big Data Engineer, you’ll create and manage our data infrastructure and tools, including collecting, storing, processing and analyzing a range of data and data systems. You know how to work quickly and accurately, using the best solutions to analyze mass data sets, and you know how to get results. You’ll also make this data easily accessible across the company and usable in multiple departments.
Big Data Engineer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collect and process raw data at scale for a variety of projects and initiatives.
- Design and develop data applications using selected tools and frameworks as required and requested for a variety of teams and projects.
- Read, extract, transform, stage and load data to selected tools and frameworks as required and requested.
- Perform tasks such as writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, write SQL queries, etc.
- Work closely with the engineering team to integrate your work into our production systems.
- Process unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis.
- Analyze processed data.
- Support business decisions with ad hoc analysis as needed.
- Monitoring data performance and modifying infrastructure as needed.
- Define data retention policies.
Big Data Engineer Skills/Requirements:
- 2 to 7 years of recent experience in data engineering.
- Bachelor’s Degree or more in Computer Science or a related field.
- A solid track record of data management showing your flawless execution and attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with statistics.
- Programming experience, ideally in Python, Spark, Kafka or Java, and a willingness to learn new programming languages to meet goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of data cleaning, wrangling, visualization and reporting, with an understanding of the best, most efficient use of associated tools and applications to complete these tasks.
- Experience in MapReduce is a plus.
- Deep knowledge of data mining, machine learning, natural language processing, or information retrieval.
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data, including integrating data from multiple sources.
- Experience with machine learning toolkits including, H2O, SparkML or Mahout
- A willingness to explore new alternatives or options to solve data mining issues, and utilize a combination of industry best practices, data innovations and your experience to get the job done.
- Experience in production support and troubleshooting.
- You find satisfaction in a job well done and thrive on solving head-scratching problems.
Related Big Data Engineer Hiring Resources
Start Hiring Today
Need tech talent for your team? Cut your time-to-hire with easy access to millions of tech candidates. Contact sales now